Saturday, February 25, 2012

The night before......

Tonight is the last night we will spend in this house. Tomorrow and for many if not all the rest of our nights, that motorhome out in the driveway will be our home. For the last 2 1/2 months, give or take a day or so, we have been sorting, cleaning, pricing, selling, giving away, packing and storing our life away. Along with finding, buying, cleaning, modifying and moving into a new, much smaller space. When you say let's sell everything and go live in a motorhome, so we can travel and see the world, you have no idea what that really means. Everybody always says I am so jealous when they hear of our plans, but they don't think of the work it takes to get to the fun part. Especially since when all this started I was weak as a kitten, and still have my days when I wonder how did I lose so much strength in my body. Poor Keith has done the brunt of all the work, with never a complaint. All this just so I could have my dream come true, when in fact all my dreams came true the day I met him. Now that we are mostly done, I certainly feel freer than I have felt since I was 18 and starting out on my own, with nothing but my blacklight posters and record albums. Well maybe not that free, since I am still trying to figure out how I am going to find spots for all these things we need, and thinking about how much we actually got rid of. Man we must of had tons of stuff, where did it all come from? George Carlin, I can hear you laughing at me right now. After hundreds of Craigslist & Facebook sales, one estate sale, one garage sale, and one auctioneer buying everything that was left, you would think we would be down to bare bones. But I still feel like we have way too much stuff!

And so tomorrow our adventure begins, whether I am ready or not. We are leaving a few days ahead of schedule, to escape what they are predicting to be the leap day snowstorm up here. This winter has been so mild, with no real snow to speak of really, for west central Wisconsin. I think mother nature gave us a break this season, but it looks like she will be showing her teeth here very soon. So off to the land of enchantment we will head, where the weather is sunny 355 days a year. This time next week we should be out on the bike, seeing our new horizons, and soaking up the sun and warmth. To be honest I think I earned this new life the hard way, and will continue to earn it, since my stomach condition will never heal and will only continue to worsen. So for now I'll enjoy what I've got, and worry about later, later!

My studio is set up nicely in the motorhome, where the kitchen table used to be. I am looking forward to spending some time working in my new atmosphere, and getting things nestled into where they should live. When I lay down at night there are no sugar plums dancing in my head. Instead there are beaded bracelets and rosettes, as well as all kinds of silver chains, bracelets, necklaces, charms and pendants. Alright maybe once in a while a little silver sugar plum might go by, but mostly other fun creations. I can't wait to get to work.

So good night all my readers, we'll be off the internet mostly for the next few days. Keep us in your thoughts, and while your at it, wish for low, low gas prices as well. Next time you hear from me, we'll be in the desert, hoping a scorpion didn't slip into our shoes while we were sleeping! Miss you all ♡

1 comment:

  1. Kitten! Not a metaphore I would expect, anyway, We are always thinkin about you guys, you have left a permanent mark on us. (haha) Wish you an exciting and safe trip. can't wait to see pics and hear stories! Dan and Tyrsa

    ReplyDelete